Pay special attention to the principle of cold medicine for young children
Medications for the treatment of pediatric colds 4 Principles When pediatric colds occur, both nursing and medication are very important, and these are the necessary medical knowledge that parents must master.
Pediatric cold medicine also has its own characteristics, because the treatment of pediatric cold medicine also has its own characteristics, but if used incorrectly, it will be more effective.
Principle 1 Do not rush to catch a cold and fever is a defensive reaction of the body, which is not only conducive to destroying invading bacteria, but also to the normal growth and development of children.
However, in the case of high fever (above 39 ° C), fever should be reduced under the guidance of a doctor.
The best way to reduce fever is to cool down physically, such as cold compresses, alcohol rubbing baths, and so on.
If the physical method can not make the temperature drop, antipyretics can be used together.
Commonly used antipyretics are: An Naijin nasal drops, chlorpheniramine tablets, pediatric antipyretics.
Do not use APC (Compound Aspirin).
Principle 2 Antibiotics should not be used casually. Colds are mainly viral infections. Antibiotics are not effective against viruses.
Commonly used antiviral drugs are: triazoloside, isatis granules, dithidamone (pansentine).
Drugs can be replaced as appropriate, the effect is more reliable, the substitution is small.
Only when these conditions occur can we consider the combined use of antibiotics: to prevent secondary bacterial infections in infants under 6 months of age: a significant increase in white blood cells on blood tests: frequent tonsillitis: bronchitis or pneumonia.
Principle 3 5 items of Western medicine (1) The dose should not be too large, and it should be replaced for too long.
(2) Drink plenty of water during the medication to facilitate the absorption and excretion of the drug and reduce the toxicity of the drug to the child’s body.
(3) Do not take orally or inject paracetamol in children with liver and kidneys under 3 years of age.
(4) Do not use antipyretics if other family members have a history of allergy to antipyretics.
(5) Do not take antipyretics with alkaline medicines at the same time, such as baking soda, aminophylline, etc., otherwise the effect of antipyretics will be reduced.
Principle 4: Traditional Chinese medicine and traditional Chinese medicine should be treated according to syndrome differentiation. Traditional Chinese medicine believes that colds are caused by feelings of wind evils. There are two types of cold cold and wind-heat cold.
Hygiene: Keep away from germs to prevent and prevent diseases. ● Children over 6 months old with poor resistance can get influenza vaccine before the peak of influenza epidemic.
● Family should wash their hands immediately after returning home and insert the bacteria to take home.
● During the flu epidemic, schools and homes should pay attention to environmental hygiene. If young children are infected with the flu, it is best to wear a mask.
● Reduce access to public places, especially children with poor resistance.
● Sufficient sleep, normal diet, and more exercise can strengthen your own resistance.